HOME > FAQ
- What is the Nobel Prize Dialogue?
- Nobel Prize Dialogue is an open, cross-disciplinary meeting bringing together a unique constellation of Nobel Laureates, world-leading scientists, key opinion leaders, policy makers and thought leaders to discuss global issues that affect us all. A forum for scientists and non-scientists alike, the meeting aims to deepen the dialogue between the scientific community and the rest of society. The Nobel Prize Dialogue is free to attend and accessible to a worldwide audience online.
The purpose of this event is to stimulate discussion at the highest level on a topical, science-related theme by bringing together Nobel Laureates, the world’s leading scientists, key opinion leaders, policy makers, different interest groups and the general public.
- When and where will Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018 be taking place?
- The Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018 will take place on Sunday, 11 March 2018 in Yokohama, Japan at the Pacifico Yokohama Conference Center (see Venue).
- How long is the meeting?
- The meeting lasts just one day from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (JST) (tentative). There will also be opportunities for online audiences to engage in activities before and after the meeting.
- Who organizes the Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018?
- The Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018 is produced by Nobel Media AB in cooperation with the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) (see About Us).
- How can I participate?
- Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018 is free to attend and registration for the event is opening now on this website (see Registration). However, this is on first come, first served basis. Registrations via telephone, fax, email nor postal mail are not allowed.
You can also participate online. In order to extend the reach of the meeting beyond the live audience in Yokohama, the proceedings will be streamed to a worldwide online audience. All lectures and discussions will be streamed live here. (11 March, 2018 from 10:00 JST)
- Do I have to pay to attend this event?
- Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2018 is free to attend in person or to view online.
- Where can I find the meeting programme?
- The meeting programme is available here.
- Can I present my work at Nobel Prize Dialogue?
- No, only invited speakers will present at Nobel Prize Dialogue.